2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime PHEV MSRP starts at $38,100
Pricing for the soon to arrive 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime PHEV has been announced. The first-ever RAV4 PHEV will have a starting MSRP of $38,100.
The RAV4 Prime PHEV (Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle) has up to 302 horsepower with an ability to do 0-60 mph in a projected 5.7 seconds, which makes it the quickest four-door model in the Toyota lineup.
Yep, that’s right – the quickest.
The RAV4 Prime plug-in also has up to a manufacturer-estimated 42 miles on battery alone on a single charge, making it the highest EV range of any PHEV SUV on the market. The RAV4 Prime also has up to a manufacturer-estimated combined 94-MPGe.
As Toyota notes, even more, what sets RAV4 Prime apart is the standard Electronic On-Demand AWD.
As we reported at inwheeltime.com in December, the 2021 RAV4 Prime PHEV will be available in SE and XSE grades, both emphasizing athletic on-road performance and premium comfort and style, says Toyota.
Prime SE MSRP $38,100
The SE presents a sporty attitude with 18-inch painted and machined alloy wheels and an exclusive front grille
design with a front lower spoiler. Piano black exterior accents and a painted grille/diffuser complete the premium look. The SE comes standard with:
- Heated front seats
- 8-way power driver’s seat with lumbar adjustment 7-in. Multi-Information Display
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob with red stitching Power Back Door
- Audio with 8-in. touchscreen and Amazon Alexa integration
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility
- 3 kW on-board charger
An available Weather & Moonroof Package ($1,665) adds a heated steering wheel, heated rear outboard seats and rain-sensing windshield wipers with de-icer function.
Prime XSE MSRP $41,425
As on the current RAV4 Hybrid XSE, the Prime PHEV version stands apart with an available two-tone exterior paint scheme pairing a black roof with select colors including the new RAV4 Supersonic Red.
Other standard features include:
- Exclusive 19-in. two-tone alloy wheels, the largest ever offered on a hybrid RAV4
- Vertical LED accent lights
- Paddleshifters Moonroof
- SofTex-trimmed seat surfaces Qi-wireless phone charger
- Ambient interior lighting
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Audio Plus with 9-in. touchscreen
The standard Audio Plus system comes with a 9-in. touch-screen, the largest ever offered on a RAV4. There is also an available Premium Audio multimedia system that includes Dynamic Navigation and JBL speaker system.
Available options for the XSE grade include:
Weather Package ($815)
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Heated Rear Outboard Seats
- Rain Sensing Wipers w/Wiper De-Icer
Weather/Audio Package ($2,435)
Weather package plus:
- JBL Premium Audio
- Dynamic Navigation
- Destination Assist
Weather/Audio & Premium Package ($5,760)
Weather and Audio package plus:
- AC (6.6kW) Enhanced Charger
- Digital Rearview Mirror
- 120V/1500W AC power outlet in cargo area
- Panoramic Moonroof
- Kick-Type Power Back Door
- SofTex-trimmed seats with sporty red accents and stitching
- Bird’s Eye View Camera
- 4-way power adjustable front passenger seat
- Smart Key System on all doors
- Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
- Parking Assist with Automatic Braking Adaptive Front Headlight System
- Head-Up Display
All Toyota RAV4 models come equipped standard with Toyota Safety Sense (TSS 2.0), which includes:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Full-Speed Range Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Automatic High Beam (AHB)
- Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) Road Sign Assist (RSA)
The XSE Premium Package adds Rear Cross Traffic Braking (RCTB) and Front and Rear Parking Assist with Automated Braking (PA w/AB).
Prices are manufacturer’s suggested retail prices (MSRP) excluding the delivery, processing and handling (DPH) fee of $1,120.
Electric Vehicle Tax Credits
RAV4 Prime customers also may qualify for a $7,500 Federal Tax Credit. Tax credit is determined by battery size in the vehicle. As of this writing, the 2021 RAV4 Prime PHEV is not yet rated on the site.
Individual states have additional incentives that can be either be applied at time of purchase or via a rebate program, depending on the state. Individual state incentive information can be found at https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/state.
Related RAV4 Story
Here is the link to our inwheeltime.com December story on RAV4 Prime PHEV: https://www.inwheeltime.com/prepare-to-be-wowed-the-2021-rav4-prime-plug-in-hybrid-arrives-next-summer/
Source: Toyota Press Release