Encore – Buick’s best-selling vehicle in North America.
This GM brand is known for a quiet cabin and Encore delivers, thanks to Buick’s QuietTuning technology. Specially laminated glass along with sound deadening materials are among many items acoustical engineers employ to keep outside noise, outside.
The interior in our top-of-the-line trim, Essence, is very nice and comfortable, not over-the-top, but true quality throughout the cabin. Its infotainment system is well thought out and easy to use.
NEW FOR 2019
- Simplified lineup, including Encore, Preferred, Sport Touring and Essence trims
- Safety Package II offered on Essence trim. Content includes Rainsense wipers, Front and Rear Park Assist, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Departure Warning and an air ionizer
- Exterior colors: Deep Azure Metallic and Satin Steel Metallic
The interior of the new Encore boasts a cockpit-style design that has an emphasis on premium materials, chrome accents and contrast stitching surrounding the instrument panel which features a 4.2-inch-diagonal color driver information center, center stack with an intuitive Buick infotainment system and a frameless, 8-inch-diagonal color touch screen with full-color radio display.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on Essence and available on Sport Touring
- Buick 4G LTE connectivity with a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (3GB/one-month data trial)
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility are standard
- Bluetooth personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system with voice recognition for audio, phonebook and music selection
- Bose seven-speaker audio system with amplifier is available on Sport Touring and Essence
- Heated front seats and heated steering wheel are standard on Essence
- The front passenger seat folds flat to extend the cargo length and accommodate items up to eight feet long
Powering our Encore is an optional 1.4-liter 4-cylinder engine that boasts a wee bit more horses than the base motor, 153 to be exact, which is more than the standard engine. Other highlights for the 2019 Encore:
- All-wheel drive is available
- Available 1.4L turbo engine offers more horsepower and torque than the standard engine
- Encore Sport Touring features unique design cues such as a winged rear spoiler, 18-inch aluminum premium-finished wheels and body-color door handles
- Experience Buick Package is available on Essence and includes navigation, tilt-sliding power moonroof and 18-inch chromed aluminum wheels
- LED headlamps are standard on Essence
- LED daytime running lamps are standard on all mode
The ride quality is reassuring without being jittery at highway speeds. And that says a lot, considering Encore’s short wheelbase.
Pricing begins at $23,200.
No one manufacturer has an edge over another these days, so select the price range and type of sport ute that fits your needs and start exploring.
For more information on the 2019 Buick Encore or other Buick products, visit your local Buick dealer or www.Buick.com