Entering 13 vehicles from five of the FCA brands (Alpha Romeo, Fiat, Dodge, Ram and Jeep) across the 13 categories – the FCA team hauled away the coveted CUV of Texas award with their new Alpha Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport. The Stelvio was judged by the 70 auto journalists attending to be the best of the 12 entries in the four categories of CUV vehicles.
On the way to winning the CUV of Texas honor, the FCA vehicles team picked up top honors in seven of the thirteen overall categories. In addition to Alpha Romeo, winners included the Dodge Durango SRT, Ram 1500 and Ram 2500 pickup trucks and Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Renegade and Jeep Wrangler utility vehicles.
This year’s TAWA Truck Rodeo was held over two days last week at Longhorn River Ranch, near Dripping Springs, Texas. The journalists assembled completed more than 1,400 drives, accumulating well more than 300 hours behind the wheels of the competing vehicles. The Longhorn River Ranch property along the Blanco River provides an abundance of challenging terrain along the river beds, across the meadows, up the cliffs and across the mesas of scenic Texas Hill Country for this premier event from the Texas Auto Writers Association.
Wins by FCA
- CUV of Texas – 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
- Luxury Pickup Truck – 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Southfork Edition
- Heavy Duty Pickup Truck – 2018 Ram 2500 Limited Tungsten Edition
- Off-road Utility Vehicle – 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
- Sub-Compact SUV – 2017 Jeep Renegade Desert Hawk
- Mid-Size SUV – 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
- Full-Size SUV – 2018 Dodge Durango SRT
- Luxury CUV – Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
Photos by Kevin McCauley