- Teens for advanced driving clinic w/ @FordDSFL. NRG Stadium Houston Feb 2-3. Sign up: https://tinyurl.com/DSFLhouston #FordTX
- PARENTS OF TEEN DRIVERS! Free hands-on driver training clinic: NRG Stadium Houston Feb 2-3. Sign up for @FordDSFL https://tinyurl.com/DSFLhouston #FordTX
- Teens will learn lifesaving driving skills. No-cost NRG Stadium Houston Feb 2-3. Sign up @FordDSFL https://tinyurl.com/DSFLhouston #FordTX
The number one killer of teenagers in the United States continues to be vehicle crashes. The Ford Motor Company Fund and Texas Ford Dealers are bringing back the FREE teen safe driving program that helps combat these issues. Ford Driving Skills for Life is an advanced, behind the wheel course that offers real world driving skills aimed at saving lives. Parents of newly-licensed teen drivers are encouraged to sign up for Driving Skills for Life February 2-3, 2019 at NRG Stadium.
The Ford Motor Company Fund, the Governor’s Highway Safety Association and the Texas Department of Transportation recognize the importance of teaching newly licensed teens skills they need in order to avoid deadly car crashes. Just as in years past, teens participating in Driving Skills for Life will get to experience training in the following areas:
- Distracted and Impaired Driving
- Hazard Recognition
- Space and Speed Management
- Vehicle Handling
Teen drivers will have the opportunity to see what it’s like to be impaired by drinking or drugs behind the wheel with the Ford Drugged, Drunk and Hangover Driving Suits
This is an interactive, hands-on advanced driving skills course for drivers 16-22 years old who have a license or permit, and their parents (parents are encouraged but not required to attend).
Spaces are filling fast but there are still registrations available on both February 2 and 3 – but they’re required to register here.
Over the past 15 years, Driving Skills for Life has gained national recognition as one of the leading programs in helping to keep teen drivers safe for their entire driving career.
Driving Skills for Life is open to teens with a valid permit or driver’s license.