The sneak peak by MOPAR – of some of the accessories and Jeep Performance Parts that have been created or redesigned for the new 2018 Jeep Wrangler – is sure to wet Jeep lover’s appetite for the arrival of the new generation JL Wrangler which is slated to be unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show next month.
Mopar says a total of 98 percent of Jeep Wrangler vehicles are typically outfitted with at least one Mopar product. “An iconic vehicle such as Jeep Wrangler deserves nothing but the best, which is why the Mopar and Jeep brands have developed a new set of product solutions to meet the unique lifestyles of Wrangler owners,” said Pietro Gorlier, Head of Parts and Service (Mopar), FCA. “From Jeep Performance Parts like winches and wheels to accessories such as bikini tops and tailgate tables, Mopar has incorporated input from Wrangler owners in bringing to the marketplace the most powerful, reliable and authentic lineup of accessories and performance parts available.”
Mopar Jeep Performance Parts available for the new Jeep Wrangler will include lift kits, beadlock-capable wheels, off-road bumpers, LED off-road lights and rock rails. Mopar accessories for the Wrangler include a first-ever roof rack for mounting a variety of lifestyle cargo carriers and a first-ever tailgate table plus vehicle graphics, tire covers in a variety of styles and designs, fuel doors and more.
The only source for factory-authorized Jeep accessories and performance parts, Mopar says the lineup will be available through dealerships when the all-new Jeep Wrangler arrives in early 2018.
Jeep Performance Parts
Serious off-roading Jeep Wrangler owners will be able to choose from several new additions to the Performance Parts lineup.
Jeep Performance Parts LED off-road lights, available in 5- and 7-inch applications, will provide near commercial and military grade (up to 8,000 lumens) illumination for hard core off-roaders. The off-road lights can mount to frame rails, winch guard or the windshield with Jeep Performance Parts off-road light brackets. A new auxiliary switch bank, with its own power distribution center, provides a central area for operating the lights and other electrical-powered accessories.
Also new, are thicker and wider rock rails to protect the body. They feature the same coating used on Ram Truck bedliners to add a non-slip finish.
Available new beadlock-capable 17-inch aluminum wheels feature a 12 mm offset and accommodate oversize tires to help tackle off-road conditions. Additional 17-inch five-spoke off-road wheel options are available in silver or black, as well as a “gear” design inspired by the Jeep Performance Parts logo.
A 2-inch lift kit offers additional off-road clearance and, when paired with Wrangler high-top fender flares, can accommodate oversize 37-inch tires for serious off-road adventures, says Mopar.
Mopar Accessories for Wrangler
Accessories include the first-ever roof rack for Wrangler. Lifestyle cargo carriers, including a ski, snowboard and bicycle carrier, can mount to the roof rack to assist in transporting gear and recreational equipment.
The new tailgate table flips out to create a utility space and beverage holder and folds up for storage. Also new is an enhanced Mopar emergency first aid kit and roadside assistance kit are also available.
Other new Mopar accessories for Wrangler include mesh and solid bikini tops that deliver protection from the sun when the hardtop is off. New screen protectors will block dust and debris from cluttering Uconnect 7- and 8.4-inch display systems, enhancing their visibility when running off-road.
Other Mopar products for all-new 2018 Wrangler
Below are a few more of the over 200 all-new Jeep Performance Parts and accessories available for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler:
- Mopar Warn winch: Mopar winches offer sealed, water-resistant, die cast construction and include wired remote control and hawse fairlead
- Molded cargo tray: Doubles the surface area of previous Mopar cargo trays by extending to the back of the rear seat to provide additional protection
- Wrangler Rubicon off-road bumper: The steel Rubicon off-road bumper protects the modern and renowned Wrangler profile
- Vehicle graphics: New Mopar hood graphics (for Wrangler Sport) include a 1941 design marking the Jeep brand’s birth and an American-flag-themed option. Bodyside graphics for all trim levels include a subtle 1941 stripe and a Moab-inspired off-road silhouette
- Tire covers: Available in a wide selection of revamped styles, including Jeep logo, camo and American flag designs, and redeveloped to accommodate the rearview camera
- Grab handles: New Mopar grab handles are now hard-secured with fasteners to the sport bars, offering increased grip
- Fuel doors: Available in brushed aluminum and satin black finish, and redesigned to standout by incorporating styling cues of the all-new Wrangler
- All-weather floor mats: Durable, all-weather mats fit like a glove and feature a new graphic design inspired by the rugged Moab trails
- RV towing wire harness: The new harness integrates directly with the Wrangler, eliminates excess wires and lights and connects to the vehicle lights for turning and braking while being towed
For more information on the line of Jeep Performance Parts and accessories for the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler, visit www.Mopar.com/jpp.